This healthy pumpkin smoothie is a nutritious way to satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings this fall. It's like a liquid pumpkin pie in a glass but made with good-for-you ingredients like pumpkin, bananas, Greek yogurt, fall spices, maple syrup and even pumpkin spiced CBD Tincture. This pumpkin pie smoothie is easy to make in 5 minutes in the blender.
- Milk. Choose your favorite milk variety to use in this pumpkin smoothie. Whole or 2% milk, Almond milk, coconut milk, etc. Just be aware that the higher the fat content of the variety you choose, the creamier the final product will be.
- Vanilla Yogurt. I like to use a full-fat, creamy vanilla yogurt like Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt or Siggi's Vanilla Bean yogurt. You can choose your favorite, or use a dairy-free variety to make this pumpkin pie smoothie dairy-free. If you choose an unsweetened yogurt, you may need to add more maple syrup.
- Pumpkin Puree. Use a pure, unsweetened pumpkin puree either canned or fresh/homemade. Do not use pumpkin pie filling. You can also freeze pumpkin puree in ice cube trays to use in this smoothie recipe to ensure an even thicker, creamier, colder texture.
- Maple Syrup. Honey can be used in place of maple syrup, but I love the way the maple flavor screams, "fall!"
- Vanilla extract. I do not recommend omitting the vanilla, as it adds a special flavor to this pumpkin smoothie. You can use vanilla bean seeds or vanilla bean paste if you don't have extract.
- Pumpkin pie spice. I included a recipe for making your own pumpkin pie spice in the recipe card, just use ½ tsp of it and save the rest for later.
- Ground Cinnamon. The higher the quality, the better.
- Frozen Banana. Using a frozen banana makes a thick and creamy smoothie, I don't recommend changing this ingredient.
- Ice. Using ice helps thicken up this pumpkin smoothie, feel free to omit if you are using frozen pumpkin and frozen bananas.
- Pumpkin Spiced CBD Tincture Oil - just a few drops!
- Optional Whipped Cream
Put everything (except the whipped cream) in a blender and blend for 1/2 to 1 minute